Username Password: Remember me

Last night's meeting
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Last night's meeting

Last night's meeting 2 months, 2 weeks ago #8212

• Tom S.
  • Gold Boarder
I went to my first club meeting in a long time last night. It was great to see old friends again, BUT...wasn’t it ironic that so much time was taken in the meeting complaining about how much time was taken in the meetings? When the discussion appeared that it would be interminable, I left. It was way past my bed time.
Ideas for changes to the constitution need to be fed through the constitution committee, who can then hone them into solid proposals and present them to the club for vote. Those people pushing so passionately for changes (and they were sincerely concerned) should run for the constitution committee.
And how about this, incoming-outgoing board; rather than a titter of acceptance every time the constitution committee has nothing to report, why not add a caveat to the policies that the members don’t get participation points if they never meet?
If memory serves--and, in this case I truly hope it doesn’t--the constitution committee met only once, several years ago, and we went through the thing word-for-word. We didn’t agree on everything but we managed to get some meaningful ideas hacked out to present to the membership. I was proud of the way we worked together, and proud of our results. Oddly, we addressed many of the concerns voiced last night about achieving a quorum. Also ironically, that item was defeated by mailed-in votes.
That doesn’t mean we should stop trying, though, does it?

Re: Last night's meeting 2 months, 2 weeks ago #8214

• Sue
  • Expert Boarder
Never stop trying, Tom.
Sue Rihn
Wisconsin Club member since 1987

Re: Last night's meeting 2 months, 2 weeks ago #8215

• 1mikec
  • Administrator
Additional info:
Proposed changes/additions/deletions don't need to be "honed" by the committee.
Proposals just need to be submitted to them (and the BOD) 60 days prior to voting on it.

Any ONE member can propose anything for the constitution.
There's an easy & proper way to do it.
He/she must state the exact nature/wording of the proposed amendment.
See article VIII for full details.

There have been many requests for proposals to be submitted.
Ideas for changes talked about last night have never been submitted properly.

Let's see proper proposals so the club can decide.
Some of those ideas actually might be accepted.

Re: Last night's meeting 2 months, 2 weeks ago #8216

• Sue
  • Expert Boarder
1mikec wrote:
Additional info:
Proposed changes/additions/deletions don't need to be "honed" by the committee.
Proposals just need to be submitted to them (and the BOD) 60 days prior to voting on it. Let's see proper proposals so the club can decide. Some of those ideas actually might be accepted.

Got it Mike. This is about the 5th time you've said it.

For what it's worth, this really IS a big deal and we are taking our time on purpose. Your continuous reminders are not necessary. We refuse to be rushed. Thank you for your patience. When we are ready, please be assured that we know and understand the process.

We are discussing a survey right now to the club members, which will affect our final recommendations. That will delay this even longer. And THEN, as Tom S. remarked at the meeting, we may take this to the constitution committee before it comes to the board.

So thank you again for your patience and for your loyalty and commitment to the club. Please let the dialogue continue.
Sue Rihn
Wisconsin Club member since 1987

Re: Last night's meeting 2 months, 2 weeks ago #8217

• 1mikec
  • Administrator
I was just responding with info to Tom's post.
Sounds like you were offended.
Sorry if you took it wrong My apologies.

And thanks for your loyalty and commitment to the club also.
Last Edit: 2 months, 2 weeks ago by 1mikec.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.14 seconds

Around the Web

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Facebook
Email us for support Email us for support

Login Form