Username Password: Remember me

Back on the Road Again
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Back on the Road Again

Back on the Road Again 6 years, 4 months ago #4549

• Womanridge
  • Platinum Boarder
I can't believe the summer is gone. Just enough time to get a nice ride to Colorado,Nevada & New Mexico. Follow me when you can. Just Click on the link below.
share.findmespot.com/shared/faces/viewsp...dn2Gv621CuZDJFb5laDQ

See you all at the October meeting!

Re: Back on the Road Again 6 years, 4 months ago #4558

• Womanridge
  • Platinum Boarder
Oh oh! Sittin in Denver wondering how to get over these mountains. Snow up there. Guess I'm going to have to drive south. Bummer.

Re: Back on the Road Again 6 years, 4 months ago #4563

• Womanridge
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, after a few phone calls, I decided to ride over the Rockies on I-70 and I'm spending the night in Grand Junction, CO. Temp was 41f and raining at 11,000 ft entering the Eisenhower Tunnel. No snow though. I forgot how inspirational the mountains can be. How did they push up those mountains to such a height.
Tomorrow and Saturday, visits to some of the National Parks. Bryce Canyon, etc. Then onward on the loneliest highway, US 50 to Fallon NV for a few days with my sister. No tickets this time, please.
Enjoying fall in the southwest
Last Edit: 6 years, 4 months ago by Womanridge.

Re: Back on the Road Again 6 years, 4 months ago #4565

• Womanridge
  • Platinum Boarder
What a difference a day makes. Got a call from a nephew while sleeping last night. Changed plans and drove to Nevada through mega wind/rain, across the "lonliest hwy US-50". Resting in Ely, Nevada. When it wasn't raining, the views and mountains were breathtaking. Tomorrow, down to /Fallon, NV for a week with my sister's family, then maybe the National Parks on the way to New Mexico.

Re: Back on the Road Again 6 years, 3 months ago #4573

• rich hehn
  • Gold Boarder
Hey Karen, it might be a bit nippy at Bryce Canyon due to the elevation, but Zion, Arches,Canyonlands, and Capitol Reef should be in spectacular color with the "Quakies" and the maples turning thier colors.
Besides, an overnight in Moab is always good. There was a fire near the North Rim that wiped out a lot of forest, but exposed old ruins from past civilizations, might be worth a look.
Rich

Re: Back on the Road Again 6 years, 3 months ago #4574

• Womanridge
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the tip, Rich. The forecast call for 90's in Zion and 70's in Bryce and sunny today. Think I'll do Zion this a.m. and Bryce in the p.m. Riding south to Flaggstaff tomorrow. I might have time to check out those ruins you mentioned.

Re: Back on the Road Again 6 years, 3 months ago #4578

• rich hehn
  • Gold Boarder
Hi again Karen,

if you're going through Albuquerque, or stopping for a bite to eat, try Sadies on Eubank ave. It's just north of I 40 on the SE corner behind the Owl Cafe. The stuffed Sopapilla is fantastic, if huge. Get it ala carte. It's located in the "hotel circle" where the less expensive, but safe and clean motels are here, not downtown. Joanne and I go there every visit, and will be back ther the 13th of Oct.
Stay safe, Rich

Re: Back on the Road Again 6 years, 3 months ago #4587

• rich hehn
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome home ! Too bad I didn't know you were near Cuba, Missouri. Last trip we stopped and brought home 6lbs. of Cherrywood smoked Brisket, and pulled pork. Best BBQ we've ever had. Name of the place is Missouri Hick.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds

Around the Web

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Facebook
Email us for support Email us for support

Login Form