• Page:

TOPIC: Interesting article

Interesting article 2 weeks, 1 day ago #8091

-Kris

Re: Interesting article 2 weeks, 1 day ago #8092

• 1mikec
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
Young people aren't buying big BMW's either.
(Also not joining clubs.)
Very interesting article!
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by 1mikec.

Re: Interesting article 2 weeks, 1 day ago #8093

It's good to see others can read between the lines.

Don't take any of the following personally. Let me dump a bunch of thoughts and hopefully Something will come together in the end.

Show me the benefits of being in an organized group vs. an online forum membership.

What are the demographics of the club? I have an idea of what they are but I don't want to assume. What percentage is retired? What percentage is working still?

I think it would be a challenge to get any one in age range of 18-30. First off money is tighter, careers are starting, houses being purchased and kids being born. There is NO WAY i could have purchased a BMW at that time frame and I didn't. I rode Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha.

Age 30+ is a better time for a person to offord a BMW. The person may start to begin to seek out fraternal organizations.

Smaller displacement BMWs are of the minority. Look at any of the BMW mags and the advertising and articles are mostly about the larger R or K series. Maybe the new g310 series will bring some of the emphasis down the CC range a bit

What about non BMW rider "sponsorship". My friend rides a Yamaha, maybe if he would be included he would be swayed to one day get a BMW?

More clinics! I jumped for joy to see the clinic put on earlier. Tire changing get together? Garage get togethers to share wisdom and tools?

Tone down the exclusive and turn on the inclusive.

The rally is great! But what else besides a birthday card?

What can I do to help.
-Kris
Last Edit: 2 weeks, 1 day ago by wisconsinkris.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds

Around the Web

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Facebook
Email us for support Email us for support

Login Form